Monday, August 28, 2006

The Return of Dirk

I'm back home after a wonderful five-state vacation. I'm going to use the top-secret code for names that we developed in my meeting today: I will be using the first initial to indicate a person. I'm not so sure that this was the best code for our situation, since we were using the code on someone with the name "Jay."

On my vacation: We flew into O'Hare, and tried to catch a bus to South Bend. A woman who looked like Kathryn Joosten neglected to announce that our bus had arrived, although she loudly announced that the bus was gone. This left at least three different parties stuck at O'Hare for another two hours. She wasn't too happy when we pointed out that she didn't announce that the bus had arrived.

I met L and V, who were great. L has a lot of stuff figured out, although I don't think that he would ever tell you that. I don't agree with everything he thinks, but he thinks about stuff in a way that I really admire. V was nice and took me to see the beautiful campus of Notre Dame.

S and I tipped over in canoe at the lake. It only took us about two minutes to fall in. It was all her fault.

That pretty much takes care of Illinois, Indiana, and the lower portion of Michigan. We also went to the Mystery Spot in the UP on our drive to Minnesota. I am pretty sure that I figured out the mystery.

Minnesota was fun with J, L, and T. We saw the MOA, the lakes of Minneapolis, the cherry with the spoon, the U, H and J's, H and G's, F and L's, and the great Minnesota get-together.

Congratulations on the following events:

1. J and E had a baby named K.
2. C and D got married.
3. M is expecting again.

Now, the bad news:

S-K broke up. Basically, I don't have many favorite bands who are still active now. GBV is done, TM is all but broken up (although L'~ is still active), and S/HD has been done for about 10 years now. Who is left? "I" is the closest, but they are not quite there. The NPs are fun, but not quite up to the same level as GBV, S-K, or TM/B. Blast.

"I've been having a bad, bad day. Come on - won't you put that pad away. I'm asking you, "Please, no!" It isn't right, it isn't fair! There was no parking anywhere. I think that hydrant wasn't there. Why can't you let it go? I think I've paid more than my share. I'm just a poor girl, don't you care? Hey, I'm not wearing underwear."

1 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Tsjaz said...

I watched the first two episodes of A last night and JW is hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home