Monday, August 07, 2006

Skye and I had a good weekend. We went through a trial run of something akin to Junkyard Wars that we are running for high school students. It was a good time to be creative and work with your hands. We also partied it up at Glen and Laurence's fantastic house.

Things are going smoothly. My new schedule is working smoothly, and I am being as productive as I ever have been. This makes me feel good.

Soccer was fun tonight. We lost, the referee showed up late and later kicked one of our players out after several bad calls, but it was still fun. Better yet, I think that it actually helped my ailing rib. I'll still take tomorrow off from basketball, but it is feeling better.

When I was driving home from soccer, I heard "Bad Medicine" by Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi was my favorite band for a while, but I never quite new what "I got a dirty down addiction that doesn't leave a track" meant, since I didn't know about "tracks." Now I do. I also heard "My LIfe" by Billy Joel, and decided two things:

1. I need to cut Tom Hanks some slack. I haven't been crazy about him for reasons that I cannot determine. Everyone says that he is a nice guy, though, and I should like nice people. I now like Tom Hanks, even if most of his movies are mediocre (I'm not sure if I actually believe that, but I am not about to think about it any more right now).
2. I need to re-read Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs. I just started reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, but I might take a break after reading a book or two for some Klosterman.

Bill Simmons just cannot write a bad column. It's impossible.

"Get off the bandwagon and put down the handbook."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home