Saturday, September 16, 2006

I am getting my life organized. I have begun to implement David Allen's organization system. My friend Matt recommended it, and I think that I have heard that it is big in the Mac community. I did most of it today, and it feels good to get all of my to-dos out in front of me. Of course, I still have an impossible schedule for the next week. I feel good about it right now, but maybe I shouldn't.

I'm in the middle of Lost (or, "Rost" if you are on the WWB) season 2. We are a little more than halfway through, and it is good. I'm looking forward to watching season 3 in "real time," as well as watching Sorkin's new show.

I went to a FunFest today that featured free ice cream. They had Soy Delicious, and I had a lot. I did not, however, have as much as my friends (who had real ice cream).

Twins won, Tigers won, White Sox lost. I'll take the two-out-of-three.

2 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Tsjaz said...

I bought GTD a couple years ago and have been following 43 Folders by Merlin Mann this whole time but have only implemented part of the system. Not the ongoing parts. I am newly inspired by you to do so. Are you using software for it?

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Dirk Awesome said...

I am not using software, other than TextEdit and iCal and Mail. The genius in my plan is that I print out my list of things to do (organized by context, of course) and I tape them to index cards. I keep these index cards in my pocket so that I always know what I have to do.

My friend Matt calls is a "Hipster Handheld."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home