Monday, September 11, 2006

Yesterday was the best day for baseball in recent history. I went to the Red Sox game, where they won. More importantly, the Twins beat the Tigers (putting them only 2 games back; after tonight, they are only 1.5 games back), and the White Sox lost (putting them 1.5 games behind the Twins). The Twins won tonight, too, although Joe Nathan decided to make us sweat a little bit. At least he was kind enough to walk three batters in a row in the ninth inning when we already have a six run lead - there are worse times he could be off.

Allow me to echo Chad's feelings about the Twins: they are extremely likable. They rarely have an obvious jerk on the team, and they rarely get in trouble with the law. They are just a bunch of good kids who are trying to have fun on the diamond.

How much don't I need cable? In addition to getting Stewart and Colbert for $20/month, I can get Real Time with Bill Maher for free. There is an audio version of his show for free on iTunes. I love Bill Maher because he provides a venue for real political debate.

I'm tired, and I should be doing work. However, I am going to go home and sleep instead.

"You look at Lake View and Ninth Ward and you look at that devastion which hasn't been touched, and you see a picture of bombed-out Baghdad at least you know our tax money is at work."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home