Monday, December 04, 2006

Happy birthday to Bernard King, one of the greatest scorers in the history of the NBA.

Skye and I joined Sparkpeople.com. This is a free website that allows you to keep track of everything you eat, thereby keeping track of all Calories and nutrients. It even takes into consideration exercise. I think that this is a lot of fun for the short-term, but I doubt that I will keep it up in the long term. This is because it is a decent amount of work to enter the food, but also I don't think that it is good for me to obsess about this stuff for too long.

One thing that I am learning about is why I am thin. Being vegan, people will often ask me if I am thin because of my diet. My response thus far has been, "No, it is mostly due to genes." I said this because I don't want to make false claims about veganism. However, I have been thinking recently that it probably isn't due to genes: none of the males on either side of my family are particularly thin, so it is probably something else. I exercise a lot, and that is probably the main thing. However, I am also finding by tracking my food intake that I typically consume only 1800-1900 Calories per day (this is about 500 fewer Calories than I am "supposed" to be getting; so I am only eating 80% of the Calories that I should be getting). This is largely due to diet, since it is difficult to eat enough fruits and vegetables to add up a huge number of Calories.

I got Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid from Netflix. I have heard good things, and am looking forward to it.

This week is rough. Between writing an exam, watching mad videotape, and running a lesson study, I won't have a lot of time to research until Thursday. I'm going to do my best to leave Tuesdays and Thursdays free for research next semester.

Studio 60 is on tonight. I watched a little bit of season 2 of The West Wing to warm up. Season 2 is not as good as season 1 (yet), but that isn't saying much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home